To create a modernised, cross-community facility for use by all denominational and key target groups such as children, young people and senior citizens.
The Old School in Clough was built in 1858, and purchased in 2008 by the Trustees of Clough Presbyterian Church to use as a cross-community centre that could for meetings, workshops, parties, toddler groups and fundraising events. There was no other similar space accessible to all in the area, so it was an invaluable resource. In 2012 the Trust identified the need to improve and expand on the facilities it was able to offer, drafting a plan for alterations and renovations that would turn the Old School into a community Hub.
Funding from DRAP enabled the Trustees of Clough Presbyterian Church to embark on a programme of refurbishment that improved the facilities available at the community centre, including increasing the capacity of the meeting room to 120 and improving the kitchen and catering space available to users.