Name: Michael Mackin
Location: Camlough, Newry
Total Cost: £ 25,050.00
Axis: AXIS 3 : SOAR
Expansion of premises to allow Mackin Form Work to widen its available stock of panels and increase competitiveness in the marketplace.
The need for this project arose because of:
- The slow down in the construction industry which limited the number of small form contracts becoming available
- Consultation with contracting firms who stated their unwillingness to seek / accept quotations from the applicant due to additional time required for completing a contract using only small panels or the high quotation submitted due to the applicant’s need to pay hire costs for additional panels.
Funded under Axis 3, through SOAR, items funded included labour & materials for works associated with:
- Building Foundations
- Disposal of building rubble
- Creation of external pathways
- Works associated with Septic Tank & soakaways
- Roofing materials
- Lead flashing valleys
- Insulation (roof / ceilings)
- External windows & doors
- Internal doors
- Rainwater collection goods
- Blockwood cavity walls & appropriate finish
- Fitting of electrical sockets throughout
- Fitting of BT sockets& aerial points
- Shutting of river bank
The applicant could expand his business stock to include a larger quantity of medium and larger sized panels that will enable the business to create larger concert structures than the business could previously provide.
Following the completion of the project the applicant can approach large contracting firms, register his business stock, and be in a position to enrol on their restrictive lists and put forward a competitive price for form work contacts. The applicant’s reliance on hiring panels for completing larger has been removed, along with the businesses reliance on competing only for the smaller formwork contracts.